Friday, August 26, 2011

Canvas Re-do

If you saw the last post, you will remember the canvas that I painted for Maddie's nursery with the verse 1 Samuel 1:27 which says, "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him."  I love this verse because I did pray for Maddie and she has been such a blessing.  Here is the canvas just in case:

What you don't know about this canvas is that I was extremely pregnant and uncomfortable while painting it.  Because of this, my perfectionist nature was a bit lacking, and I didn't care so much about touching up the little things that I would normally fix on anyone else's canvas.  So I hung it up!  Little do you know that to this day, this is my least favorite of ALL the canvases I've painted.

Fast forward to Baby girl #2 which has the same bedding that Maddie had as a baby.  My initial thought was to paint another one for the nursery, but after doing one for Maddie's big girl room (BGR), decided that I would wait to paint Peyton one for her BGR since this one is not personalized with a name.  However, I did decide that I would re-do the center, shorten the verse, and use a fancy new curlz font (new to me in that I haven't been painting it long).  So, this is what I ended up with:


Ta da...much better!!

* Check out the post before this one to see pictures of all the canvases!

No comments:

Post a Comment